This five day, four night art workshop is designed for beginners and for continuing learners to find the art in nature. We will cover the methods including pencil, ink, colored pencils, watercolors and photography.
- If you can write your name, you can learn to draw.
- It doesn’t matter how young or old you are. I was past 40 when I started taking art classes. Grandma Moses was in her 70′s. I have taught young children and teenagers, as well as adults, and they do very well.
- If you do calligraphy, you already know some of the skills needed for drawing.
- If you already know how to draw, you will still enjoy the activities we will be doing in this workshop
- In this workshop, we will emphasize process; results will follow.
- All inclusive accomodations, meals, instructor fees and workstations.
Sylvia works in pencil, pen and ink, colored pencil, and watercolor. Much of her work is in the field of natural history – plants, animals, birds, and landscapes.
Sylvia’s work has been shown in several galleries and libraries. In the spring of 2007, she was honored as the Featured Artist at the Nature Artists’ Guild show. In spring 2012, she had several works displayed at the Hickory Knolls Directory Center in St. Charles, IL.
Sylvia is eagerly anticipating this forthcoming workshop.